Thursday, April 24, 2008
Friday, April 4, 2008
This is what I found from the Singapore Airlines Career Website.
Do You Have What It Takes?
The Singapore Airlines Group invites applications for the following appointments:
This entry-level position is based in Singapore, and is for candidates who display a strong interest in aviation.
- Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or Malaysian Citizen
GCE ‘A’ level, Polytechnic Diploma or Degree. In addition, you must have obtained a minimum of 5 Credits in the GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent. These must include English, Mathematics and a Science subject, preferably Physics, taken at one sitting
At least 1.65 m in height
- Visual acuity of at least 6/60, correctable to 6/6. For candidates who have undergone corrective eye surgery (e.g. Lasik), your pre-surgical visual acuity should not be more than 500 degrees (myopia)
- Medically fit
Successful candidates will spend 15 to 17 months on training to acquire an Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) with Instrument Rating (IR) at Pilot Training Schools in Singapore and overseas. Full board and lodging will be provided. Upon obtaining the flying license, you will undergo further training for 1 to 2 years to become a First Officer.
To realise my dream, I plan to:
1) study hard so that I can have a University Degree
2) practise more of the eyecare habits so that I can lower the risk of increasing in myopia.
3) exercise regularly and engage in more outdoor activities
I think people should have dreams because they can plan what to do in the future and work hard and strive to their goals.